martes, 11 de agosto de 2026

Neil Young & The Chrome Hearts - Second Song - 2026


1 comentario:

  1. "Second Song"

    Out on the edge of darkness
    The children waited for sunrise
    Something they could believe in
    Something to see with their own eyes

    Their moms and dads remembered
    'Cause they had seen a different time
    A time of sunny mornings
    Walking to school and saving dimes

    And yet the leaves are falling
    Gathered in piles to burn outside
    Somehow the smoke is calling
    Somehow the embers will decide

    And that's not the way of being
    It's not the way of being now
    Too much has changed around us
    But we can bring it back somehow

    I need to talk to someone
    Someone who smiles and answers back
    Someone as old as I am
    Who still remembers some of that

    I dream a way of living
    A way of sharing what we find
    A way of walking slowly
    Through the smokey leaves of time

    When I woke up this morning
    I heard a melody and a rhyme

    I knew the song was over
    But I couldn't find the time
    The words just tumbled forward
    In this second song of mine

    Drifting in a sea of darkness
    The captain waited for sunrise
    Thought he saw a mermaid comin'
    Off the bow and rubbed his eyes

    Thought he saw a distant glowin'
    Songbirds playin' in the sky
    But his eyes were playin' tricks on him
    In his heart, he wondered why

    Cross town at the incubator
    Eggs were hatchin' everywhere
    Those birds would soon be flyin'
    They knew that's when they'd feel the air

    We won't remember them
    'Cause we're the ones who didn't care
    Now when we think of them
    We hear their songs sung everywhere

    The world needs all her song birds
    She needs her music in the sky
    Guiding souls both in and out
    Showing weakness how to fly

    Not like that TV show
    Not like the words on channel five
    Somethin' that makes you smile
    Somethin' that makes you fly

    Make it up on another day
    Baby, I don't care
    Make it up on another day
    Baby, I don't care
    Make it up on another day
    Baby, I don't care
    Make it up on another day
    Baby, I don't care

    ResponderEliminar